Business & Organization Resources
Check back for daily updates at the top of this page.
Recent NewsSummary of Bipartisan Agreement on "CARES" ActUS Chamber of Commerce Summary can be found: here (Updated Version)Bill text can be found: here.A section-by-section summary released by the Senate can be found here.A summary of the appropriations provisions released by the Senate can be found here.Passed the Senate and needs passed in the House. According to Senator Toomey's staff, since the House was in the negotiations the summary sent should be an accurate summary
Senator Corman's newsletter. Tax filing deadline, Nursing License Requirements Suspended, Extension of CDL Licenses, and more. Click here to read.
Companies seeking to Import or Manufacture Medical Products to Aid the U.S. Response to COVID-19 Click here for more information.
WEBINAR: Coronavirus and Small Business – Next Steps and Best Practices March 27, 2020 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Click here for more information.
SBA Implements Automatic Deferment on Existing SBA Disaster Loans, March 23, 2020. Click here for more information.
WAIVER EXTENSION, REVISED TIMING OF ENFORCEMENT: Monday, March 23 at 8:00 AM Click here for more information.
Official Notice: Temporary Travel Restrictions Across U.S. Northern Border: Earlier today, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) issued an official notice that only essential travel between the U.S. and Canada will be permitted effective at midnight (ET) tonight, March 20, 2020 until 11:59 p.m. ET on April 20, 2020. To view the full notice, please click here
Governor orders all non-life-sustaining businesses to close as of 8:00 p.m. Thursday, March 19. Click for more information.
An updated list of both life-sustaining and non-life-sustaining businesses can be found by clicking here. Click here for the Order of the Governor
Received from the Governor: "As a follow-up to today’s announcement, you can provide any business that would like to seek a waiver with this email address: mailto:RA-
email@example.com You may also offer the following email address to have a business contact the Administration with questions about whether they need to close: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org "
Department of Revenue is waiving penalties for businesses that are required to make Accelerated Sales Tax (AST) prepayments by the deadline of Friday, March 20. Additionally, for April sales tax payments, the department is waiving the AST prepayment requirement and asking businesses to simply remit the sales tax that they have collected in March. Click here for the Department of Revenue’s page on Accelerated Sales Tax Prepayments at for more information on how to calculate your prepayments.
UC Eligibility & COVID-19 Information for Workers Impacted
DCED COVID-19 Business Resources March 18, 2020
Coronavirus Update & Resources provided by State Representative Rich Irvin
The Bureau of Workers' Compensation Health & Safety Division will present the following special webinars in the effort to help keep Pennsylvania workers healthy and safe in these times:
To register for any of these events just click on the date above and you will be automatically re-directed to the event homepage and a registration form.
The Pennsylvania Chamber of Business & Industry has provided the following resources that you may need to navigate the current situation.
"Employer Response to Coronavirus" webinar featuring Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine and employment law expert Jonathan Segal.
From PA Chamber Insurance:
- HR Compliance Bulletin - Coronavirus in the Workplace
- HR Insights - Coronaviruses and the Workplace
- Coronavirus - Maintaining Mental Well-Being During a Quarantine
- Overview of the virus along with links for what you should know, situation updates and other information.
- Update and Interim Guidance on Outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Interim Guidance: Get Your Mass Gatherings or Large Community Events Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), February 2020;
- Communication Resources
Contact information: CDC: 800-232-4636 | cdc.gov
The PA Department of Health is providing up-to-date information and resources for Pennsylvanians on their website:
- PA Department of Health COVID-19 Information for Business
- PAcast.- An Official Pennsylvania Government Website
The website includes important information that you can share with your employees and also use for your organization.
PA Department of Health: 1.877.PA.Health | health.pa.gov
- Coronavirus fact sheet - DOH
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) fact sheet - CDC
- What to do if you are sick with COVID-19
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQ
- Preventing COVID-19 From Spreading to Others in Communities
- Share Facts About COVID-19
- Interim Guidance: Get Your Household Ready for COVID-19
- Information for Pennsylvania Employees Impacted by COVID-19
OSHA Guidance Documents for the Workplace
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- Prevent Worker Exposure to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). More information is available below.
- SBA Disaster Assistance Resources
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Program
- SBA Coronavirus Disaster Loans
- Resources for Patients and Physicians from PA Medical Society
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans offer up to $2 million in assistance and can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing. These loans may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that can’t be paid because of the disaster’s impact. Click here for more information.
US Chamber of Commerce Foundation:
- Guidance for Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus
- U.S. Chamber Disaster Help Desk
- Resources to Help Your Small Business Survive
The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal or medical advice; all information, content, and materials on this site are for general informational purposes only.
Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date information. This website contains links to third-party websites as a convenience to the reader, and those websites may contain inaccurate information.